Sunday, June 11, 2006

GOAT SHOW day 1

It was one long long day at the show yesterday, but I totally enjoyed it.
I mean, right now for me, spending a whole day looking at, talking about and showing goats with good friends. It was the best.
It could have been warmer.

It's a strange and esoteric world I know. Showing goats. It's a small world especially here in the tiny corner of the world. We all know each other; most of us have known each other for years. And I'll admit it, showing dairy goats is a pretty strange thing to be obsessed with.
Right now it sure suits me. There's drama (a sick goat yesterday, almost dies, finally saved and is going to be fine), excitement (goats get loose on a regular basis), competition, comedy (uh, yeah...), more drama (d-i-v-o-r-c-e),more excitement ( stock car races are going on during the Saturday show, suspense ( raffle)and I haven't even mentioned the competition (winning is great, just beating a rival is almost as good, or better even...depending..).

After all was done last night, I really did about as good if not slightly better than I was expecting. I was right about my dry grade yearling, and she took Champion! My old doe Neleven once again took on the competition and won the champion challenge to get Best Of Breed, and the Ace in the hole, my Alpine buck took Champion in ring 1 and Reserve in ring 2! I wasn't sure about him, but he did really well.
My friend J did well too, finishing a Championship on a daughter of a buck and a doe that she got from me. And Hoppers did well, and I think better than I am even aware, as I only really caught the Oberhasli and the bucks in her breeds..
Oh and KD's doe won Best Doe In Show!

Yeah, we had fun, hung out, messed with goats, got some pretty ribbons ( I loves my ribbons), and today we get to do the whole thing all over again with a different judge.

If I only had managed to get my show clothes washed dried.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home