Friday, June 09, 2006

T minus 24 hours

Well it's the homestretch for this weekends show. I still don't have 2 registrations; I'll check the p O this morning and have ADGA fax me a copy if they're not there. I do have the option of substituting, but I've already got them clipped...

I got a lot done yesterday; the Alpine yearling buck is done, as is the body on 3 more. I only have 2 bodies and 2 udders and then it's just touch up. I DID IT! Of course also today I have to haul them to the fairgrounds and all my stuff and milk and find my show clothes.2 trips to Eureak to get them all there ( and 2 trips back Sunday night after the show, usually after 8 p m..)

Yet another free goat has arrived. This one I sold as a lovely milker a year ago has come back dry and a year older. The person was supposed to show up by 1 yesterday and I left the ranch at 1:30, no show. Sure enough there was the doe in the pen last night; she just dropped her off, no phone call, no nothing. I didn't get the papers back, but I'll bet they were never transferred and I can get a copy, not that I think I'll show her. And I can register her kids. She makes lovely kids, her yearling is going to the show.

3 hours on the mower tractor and the field still isn't done. So slow I go. And the grass is so long and so thick that it wants to wrap itself around the PTO shaft. So a few times every round I have to shut off the PTO, get out, and pull/ cut the wad off the shaft, than climb back into the tractor and start up again. That sucks. I like to see progress.

I got e mail from the Boonville breeder about the show. He's coming ( I haven't ever really met him in person, dealt with his mom) so I probably won't do great with my Alpines, which is O K because I wasn't expecting to. This is a new project, and I know he didn't sell me his best ones ( I am taking 2 of his that I bought). It will be nice to meet him and talk about goats, which is a fun part of showing sometimes.
I am hoping to see some of the dams of the does that I bought.
But after clipping my own ( well, Fraga Farms out of My buck Izzy) yesrling, she looks a lot better than I expected under all that fuzz. And she does have a really nice udder...

Yea ths sun is coming out so I will get clipping finished. I am stalling to get to the P O when it opens at 9:30 Ah I just called to have them fax me copies and I won't have to deal with the Post Office, the heck with it.
So now I can leave, right. Start this day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home