Monday, June 26, 2006

So I didn't spend so much time yesterday sleeping. I tried to catch my nap on the hammock, but dogs kept sticking their panting faces in mine. I did finish "Burning Bright" a Steinbeck short story I had not read before. It was good, very Steinbeck.

At the ranch I was most productive. The water system on the west side has been goofy for a long time, and the trough in the bucks pen has been almost non functional. When I went to check the water, I saw the goldfish in about 1" of mud in the bottom. So I dug out the hose ( each time it floods, my water lines go farther and farther underground) rebuilt the end and filled all the troughs with fresh and clean water. The goldfish were happy.

In the shop I got a lot done on the stanchion. The legs on one side are completely done, holes drilled and mounted and the tiny square tubing that will hold the lock is on. Not perfect, but I am probably the only one who sees the imperfections. It's coming out pretty good. The second set of legs is spot welded, square tubing is on. I'll drill the holes and mount them, but I decided the flat bar I have for the brace isn't stout enough, so I need to buy a heavier piece. I also need some round tube for mounting the headpiece, so a trip the the Ironworks in the future.

So I have a dentists appointment today. I have dreaded it all weekend. Last night I decided I'd call and reschedule. Yeah,, that made me feel better. But this morning, I'll just go through with it.
It's such torture for me. Confined, people all over me, drilling on my head in my open mouth.Oh I am sweating just writing this. But my bad teeth and my poor dental hygeine sentences me to a life in the big chair.
Oh crap.

Goats, yeah goats...
Verdgris kidded yesterday with a buck and a doe, the doeling is a lovely soft bronzy color with black legs. They are doing fine. 2 more to kid today or tomorrow...
I moved my biggest weanlings into the field with J's kids, and moved my March kids out to the open pen, along with one of J's kids that I have been raising. The inside pens really need to be cleaned out, so I'll move the 2 buck kids out and shuffle kids and clean the pens.

Oh yeah and it's sunny and clear again today! It was supposed to be foggy, but it's not! And I have to go to the dentist.
BTW, a dentist that yells at me and belittles me on the state of my teeth will have the opposite effect than desired, as I will not go back and I won't see a dentist again until I have a problem.
My current dentist is kind and never ever yells at me. His teeth cleaner, however, will never see me again; she was that mean.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home