Wednesday, June 21, 2006

I get to visit summer!

Yay sun today! I am going to Myers Flat today to see about a new ram. It will be hot and summery there. I'll bring a jar and catch some to bring home.

I used the new cheap chopsaw I bought last weekend, and that was definitely 50 bucks well spent. I cut all the pieces for the legs for my stanchion in about 20 minutes and with a minimum of after cutting-grinding. What a huge difference. The cuts are square and exactly where I want them. I am almost done with this project.

I cut apart the headgates that I dragged home from J's dairy a few months ago. I cut it in half so I have a piece with 4. That's what I think I want it to be, milk 2 at a time, 2 wait. That gives them all enough time to eat. I am milking about 12 now, so even with 4 at a time, it will take 3 shifts. Not that it's going to get done anytime soon. But I have almost all the steel that I need. Next up is a slightly bigger vacuum pump.
The paint wasn't quite set when I milked yesterday morning, so I put down another coat. It dried better during the day, but I see that painted wood is still too uneven and difficult to keep completely clean. Another breeder has a nice rubber mat on her stand, I just can't seem to find it myself.

I mowed my side of the lawn and it looks really nice. I really need to get the weedeater and do some logging.

J went to Miranda yesterday and went swimming. I worried about him all day, but of course he was fine, and he was even diligent about putting lots of sunscreen on. Except on the tops of his feet...ouch.
And there was the mandatory "someone locked their keys in the car" experience we all have at some time when going swimming.

JF called me last night, she's alive!!
And, she is planning to go to the Gold Beach show, which I had thought about at one time, but this past show was so much that I wasn't even thinking about another show just yet. But, if she goes I might drag myself up there
And I've never been to that part of the coast. I have a big void of experience from Crescent City to Coos Bay.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home