Sunday, June 25, 2006

Why do I want to sleep so much more in the summer? I just want to nap all day, everyday.

I mentioned to T about one of his tires wearing unevenly so he starts to rotate his tires. Checking the brakes he sees he needs new pads but the car is all apart so off we go to Fortuna to get brake pads and fluid.
Back again and he needs a bigger wrench so off again to the ranch.

While he is working on that, I attack the yard with the weedeater. Last year I had it almost lawnlike where I could run the sprinkler. This year even though T had already done this once, the grass is soooo tall. I managed to carve out some and down to the creek.
I also see that a tree has grown up inside the greenhouse. So fast that the tree is huge, like 20 feet tall. How did that happen wothout me noticing?

I weedwhacked all the way to the creek and between 2 trees and I dragged out a hammock that the In Laws had sent last year. Hung it up and it is so lovely in there now. The creek and the trees and the "lawn". I might now nap out there. Maybe even try to stay awake and read.

Yesterday was the monthly milk test, a nice visit time with A F. Even though we probably saw almost too much of each other only weeks earlier at the show..
But it's always a fun visit, goaty and all. And atching up on all things local and gossipy and goaty.

Yet another sunny clear day. This makes 5 in a row? Unprecedented, but the forecast predicts our friend, the fog, will arrive tomorrow. With the heat inland, it's inevitable.

I have does due any day now, and I had a doeling in heat yesterday. Breeding season will be here before too long, and the rain will return.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home