Tuesday, June 20, 2006

PEOPLE!!!!!

Partly cloudy today, maybe broken fog. Hopefully it'll burn off, but it looks like just the opposite is happening.

My shopping excursion yesterday was chock full of cashier faux pas and just general non help.
At the hardware store where I already had my chopsaw blade in hand, plus a bunch of brass snaps to build myself a ringside tie chain, I grabbed a can of Rust O Leum to put yet another coat of paint on my stanchion deck. Just to be sure, I asked the "paint help" if there was something that they had that might be better for what I was doing ( I have used Rust O Leum since I was 14 for many many applications, including paint over wood left outside). First she tells me that That paint is not good for a "deck that will be walked on and get wet" ( how I described it; I don't like to bring goats into general public discussion. Privacy, ya know).
So I ask what did she recommend?
They didn't have anything for that. Most people stain their decks.
WHAT?
Uh, huh? No deck paint or floor paint? Whuttf?
No they didn't have anything.
"So do you have anything that you might paint on wood left outside (like house paint youstupid...)"
No we don't ( as I look at the huge paint department behind her)
O Kay...
"Well. we do have a deck and floor paint, but it can't be used outside."
It's not going to be outside. Just walked on and gotten wet.

OH yes we do, and she takes me to a huge display of FLOOR AND DECK paint, different finishes, a huge color chart and in small cans for little jobs.
Geez.
I picked up a can.

Next I go to the drugstore where I see a sign for cookies on sale reg 1.88 on sale for .88, so I grab 2 packages.
When they get rung up they don't show the sale price. I say something, and another sales help comes up and we look through the sales flyer. No, it's a different package, but the other gal says "Oops, I put the sign in the wrong place." A little buzz erupts in the store, manager appears, a whole operation to correct the check out. I do get the sale price, and I rejoice by shouting "I SCORED!!"
The cashier wasn't amused, but by the time the transaction was through, she was caught up in the joy and agreed that I had indeed "scored".

Next, at the dollar store I handed the cashier a 20 for a 16.00 purchase and he only handed me the coin change. Uh I gave youa 20..OH you are right, it's a good thing you were paying attention.
Yeah.

You have to watch these people every minute.

Then the torturous committee meeting; fortunately it was brief and I got out of there in an hour.
That s too much for me. Way too much unwanted interaction for one day.

I'll spend the day diddling around the ranch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home