Wednesday, July 12, 2006

I lost it at the sale barn

First of all it's hot today. I mean hot. And humid. A rare situation here.
So already everyone is a little on edge.

I load up 2 buck kids and the 2 lambs and drive to the auction yard.
As soon as I drive up I see there are a lot of trucks waiting. That's also odd.
Some lady announces to the gal checking the animals in that I have a "truckload of goats"

Uh, no I don't. And I announce back.

I get out to help the gal checking in and she's really flustered. What's the problem? She's running out of pens. It's an hour until sale, what's the worry? Mellow out. Deal with it. This is a job for a moron, get it together.
She doesn't want my help. I point out an empty pen, she ignores me.
Fine. I get back in the truck and wait my turn.

I unload the 2 lambs and go back to get the bucks.
"Oh they are really smelly. I can't take any really smally bucks".

I'm like what? You have to be kidding me. Is this a stockyard or what?
"Lee says I can't let in any smellybucks".

At this point I totally lose it.
"This is insanity, you have got to be kidding me. "
Then I point out that there are 2 kids in the truck, do they both smel;l too bad?
I ask her to stick her face in each one of the kids and determine which one is too smelly. Or maybe I just hauled a smelly buck in the truck, maybe it's the truck that smells.
What kind of stockyard has a no smell policy?
I tell her to tell Lee I will never ever bring any animals here again. I take back the lambs.
Does he really think cows don't smell? Does he smell each one to determine which ones he will sell?
Oh I got so mad.

UPDATE
Oh the phone just rang.
In my temper, I wanted to get rid of these animals that I had already loaded and I had called a very nice livestock dealer that I often do business with. He just called me back and he said he'd take whatever I had. I had driven to his place before I unloaded and I didn't see him.
I have to remember him from now on. He doesn't mind smelly livestock. What a weenie that Lee Mora is. He's no cowboy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home