Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Red letter day; doesn't really mean what you think it means.

It seems good news wants to come all at once, and often in the mail.

The mail was almost all for me yesterday.

1. I have been waiting for 3 checks to come from various sources, and 2 of them came.
2. I got a flyer from the foundry in Arcata about courses being offered in the fall.
3. I received the most recent production volumes from the Dairy Goat association, and the very first name on the top of the first page (Alpines..alphabetical..but still..) the top producing Alpine in the nation last year is GCH Shining-Moon Parisian Dancer, the dam of one of my new does!!

Plus:

The results for our Dairy Doe Project blood tests came back. This is a very nervewracking time, mostly because 4h kids and their families have invested a lot of time and money into these does, and they have to be negative in order to participate in the sale.
I have positive does, so it's a real chore to try to keep these kids clean. Last year the only doe that I had sold into the project came back positive; fortunately the family had bought 2 does from me at the time,and they just switched does.
I was so worried that this family ( who had again bought does from me) might have to deal with this again, but as it turned out all of the does, even the extra ones I had tested in case I needed to substitute, came back negative!
What a relief!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home