Thursday, August 17, 2006

And they keep pulling me back in.

I was bathing in the plesure of knowing that I didn't HAVE to go to the fair now that the Youth portion of the fair is in full swing ( Ted says it's a sad world when you "HAVE" to go to the fair...gee, what torture) and then the phone call.
Yep, there was something that I had promised to do, something I have done for the past 4 years, and I had totally forgotten.
So off I went again to the fair for a pleasantly brief appearance. I got my task done, and managed to pretty much avoid any social stress. I even managed to sit down and have a piece of the berry pie that Kathy won at the pie auction. And I was outta there.

I still have more responsibilities, tomorrow night I have the reception table for the sale; I'll try to get a cheesecake made, and I'd like to have toast with goat garlic butter. Also on Saturday morning I agreed to help run the paperwork table for the Doe auction. Aargh, why did I agree to that? Because no one else raised their hand.
Have I mentioned I am so done with this committee?

A 4H parent questioned the viability of the sale and the project. I said if it's not viable, then it shouldn't exist. Right?

I have been sleeping a lot and it's starting to hurt my back.
Yesterday I managed to get some cleaning done; the house was a wreck from the pre fair sewing and cooking and spinning.

I need to go swimming at least once more before the summer is over.

I totally need to straighten out my shop area. Also, after the fair my new shavings will come and I have to make a place for them.

And my check came for my goat entries already. This has been a good week for me; if only I could get paid like this every week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home