Sunday, August 27, 2006

Milk test Sunday

I woke with a start because I remembered I am milk testing this morning and I have to be there early(er than usual).
No matter how early I get there, Amy is always there before I am. The only person I know that is always early for an appointment. You put the rest of us to shame.

I put an earring into a piercing that hasn't had an earring in it for a long time and it is protesting. At least now I can finally almost sleep on that side. It's good that I have rubbing alcohol in my tattoo kit.

I washed the second batch of Lazy's fleece. I spun a bit of the first batch I did; it is long and lustrous and softer than I was imagining. At first I thought I'd make a sweater, then I thought it woulsdbe too scratchy. Now I think a sweater would be fine.
I have contacted a local (Whitethorn) person who does wool processing into roving. I might send a few fleeces to her to see how they turn out. I used some of her roving at the spinning contest and it was lovely.

Today I am supposed to haul my old Merino ram to a new home. I haven't heard from the people, and I don't have their ph#.

I spend a few minutes a few times a day forking shavings. I am making progress, and with no rain in the forecast I have time to get it done. However the pile is still in the way, I realized when I tried to get my wheelbarrow out of the barn last night.

It's time to get these pens in order and sort out a few does with the bucks they are to be bred to.

Watched "Shenendoah" the other day, a movie I have seen many times, as I think it's one of my mom's favorites, but it's been a while. It makes war look pretty bad, even for Hollywood. It's a sad story. But man do they have a beautiful farm...

O K off to milk test. I need to get these does that SF said she would buy out of there. It's time again to cut back on the milk river.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home