Tuesday, August 22, 2006

How did that happen?

I was kinda low key most of the day, and after it was all saif and done I really got a lot done.

I was really late going to do my chores. After all, tha ball game was on, and it's gray and depressing out side. I was ready to go back to bed (the 4 best words in the English language).

I did my chores and wanted some lunch, but I wasn't up for any social/ town/ neighbor interaction. I chose a the "little cafe that" still continues to suck. It used to be the best place to eat in town, run by friends, and then they sold out. I give it a chance every 6 months or so, and it's so reliable in it's ineptness.
At least my sandwich was good. After waiting 1/2 hour, with them not busy at all. And having to run to the store for MILK FOR MY COFFEE????
The best part was when Josh found me and sat while I ate, as he had already eaten lunch but still had some time.

I got a call from the people who are going to take my big merino ram. We made arrangements that I'll bring him to Rio Dell on Sunday. I need to get him in and deal with his feet. I know he has already bred some ewes, so it's fine for him to leave.

I went to the fairgrounds one last time to pick up my fleeces, yarn, and cheese plate. I was pleasantly surprised to find one of my market fleeces had won Best In Show! and I got a big shiny ribbon.
Also, 3 out of 4 of my yarns got 1st prize, so that came with a check! And my cheese also won 1st, but I think it was the only entry.
I ran into Al who said he'd bring me some shavings that night.

Back at home, I got a call from my shearer who said he was nearby so he could come and shear Lazy, my new Romney ram lamb. So off I went in the gloaming to gather up the sheep , which was perfect as I got to work on the big ram's feet as it got dark.
Lazy's fleece is absolutely GORGEOUS! He's only 5 months old, but his wool is 4' long, lustrous and just mouth wateringly drop dead beautiful. I brought it home, and I think I will separate the different hues and spin them seperately. It is only a few lbs, but should be enough for a sweater. I'm excited to see what he does to the lambs wool for me.
My shearer was dubious about the lamb, not quite knowing what exactly he was good for. Complaining that this kind of sheep has wool on every part of his body! Poor little guy ( Lazy, that is)
On to lambs and kids.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home