Thursday, August 24, 2006

Thursday as the summer winds down



New sheets for the farmyard. on Vimeo

I finally got all of my shavings last evening. Of course I waited until right before he showed up to finish cleaning, and my shoulder paid for that all night. I also used my truck to push some of the pile under the roof ( the tractor would normally be employed...must charge battery) so the front grill is now packed with shavings. And I have shavings in my socks and shavings in my shoes and and and..

So I have goat gossip about last night's episode of Project Runway. Michael Kors' mom JOan was on last night. I found out at the REDGA show in 2004 ( where I met her, for the 2nd time...) that she was Jennifer Bice's college roommate. And now she's on TV. It's really really strange to see someone you know on a TV show.
Later, a commercial ran for a new movie with Adrien Brody. Yeah, I knew him too.

It's really warm this morning, which usually means rain is coming, but I sincerely doubt it. I would love to get some dust washed off, but I don't see rain, real rain, anytime soon. At least it doesn't seem California is on fire yet this year.

Projects
Fix Pat's pen
I have a vision of that pen all straightened out. The fence put right, the scrap roofing and wrecked fence pulled out of there. I put a load of shavings in there, and I imagine I could probably get that all done in a few hours..

Put bands on buck kids
Where the hell is my elastrator? The most oft lost farm tool. At least a new one is cheap. Oh yea, I have one out on loan...(switches to email)

Shovel shavings under roof.
Clean out barn and put new shavings in.
Clean A I kit
Finish feeder
Put stuff on eBay
Wash Lazy's fleece

O K that's enough

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home