Monday, August 28, 2006

sheepy

Maybe it's the time of the year, with the goats winding down, maybe it's juat that I'm not that into this whole goat project, but milk test day just isn't as exciting as it used to be. I'll chalk it up to diminishing milk weights.

However the 2X visit with A F is always ALWAYS a pleasure. I'll have to stay on test just to continue that relationship. I force her to visit me every month.

The couple that I met at the spinning contest came yesterday to pick up my big merino ram. The original plan was for me to deliver him to their place in Rio Dell, which was fine, but they came to get him, which was much better.
Abby did a spectacular job gathering up the sheep, including a cut to the side when they headed out a gate I hae left open. She stopped them, turned them, and came running back to me with a huge leap over the fence, ala Lassie.
The people were very happy with the ram. He's a huge sheep (over 200 lbs) but as sweet and gentle as a huge sheep can be. I threw in his '06 fleece just because. I haven't spun his last years fleece yet, so ...

I have been on the wool project. I have made arrangements to send some of the Dorset fleeces to a processor in Whitethorn.
I'm also looking into getting some spun into yarn. It's not as expensive as I would have thought.
They can also weave your fleece into a blanket, however that cost is more than I could sell them for, so forget about any profit.
I need to finish carding and spinning the white fleece I have been working on for months...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home