Friday, September 22, 2006

Andy Warhola

Well today will definitely be a fencing work day. I found the yearling alpine buck in with the weanlings so that has to stop immediately. It's definitely breeding season. Bucks in rut let me know where my fences are weak. In this case, the electric wire is down and he is jumping over the woven wire. An easy fix, but the Lutalyse will be a little expense for my laziness here.

I also have the long perimeter fence that is hanging over my head to do. I am sure I can get the first section done in less than 2 hours. Just do it, eh?

Josh and I went to Fortuna yesterday. I am still not getting satisfaction in my search for frames. I got my prescription so I am out in the world looking now.
Last night we watched Ken Burns' "Warhol" and wouldn't you know I saw frames I wanted everywhere...

Tonight is part 2 of "Warhol" and as much as I was enjoying it, I am being blindsided. I thought I knew a lot about the man and the times, but I really knew nothing. I am getting a completely different perspective. For instance, I didn't know that he began as a commercial artist, and worked for magazines well into the 60's; this really explains a lot! Certainly his love of the print.
However, his position as a "mirror" is becoming even clearer in my mind. It is true.

Watching him in his studio doing silkscreen makes me realise that I love the print too!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home