Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Dusty Tuesday

During Ted's monthly trip out of town, I am all messed up with my sleep schedule.
Yesterday I woke wide awake at 6:30, somthing I think I almost have never done in all of my 48 years.
Then the rest of the day was messed up as well. I got back in bed around 8:30 and read more of " Drawn To The Rhythm" an autobiography by a wife and mother who took up single scull rowing at 43, to become a Masters Champion. I am almost halfway through it already. I made sure to get a good round of rowing on the machine later.

I did get my chores done, and even moved the largest weanlings into the medium pen with J's kids.
I also got some more of Lazy's wool picked, carded and spun. It's such beautiful wool, mostly because it is his lamb's wool, but the luster and color are wonderful. I have separated his fleece into shades and I am spinning each separately. I'm almost halfway through the medium silver.

When I got to the ranch for evening chores last night, first I see that there are tire tracks..not from me. I can tell.
I then see that I have been paid for a buck service, and what could be nicer than to have hay just show up! Thanks Mullens's!!!

Behind me as I pull in, comes a pickup I think I recognize, but it turned out to be someone elze. MZ, J's brother. He has brought me Uncle Tony's lawnmower. I had requested it to SZ when the estate was getting settled. With Aunt Tina in town this is happening, and M had a pickup bed full of tools. Uncle Tony was meticulous and a tool collector. The tools looked like they had never been used. Not that I am saying he didn't use them, from what I can tell they say he was always working on something.

The huge lawnmower came with 2 small gas cans full of gas, so in the gloaming last night I mowed the other side of the driveway, and today I should get to Pat's yard.
Now there are 3 lawnmowers; my mothers day present, the yardsale buy at 10.00 from a few weeks ago, and Uncle Tony. Oh ,and the dead one that I will dismantle and then melt down the engine. I also saw a great idea using the lawnmower handle to use as a barbed wire unwinder. The impending fencing project involves barbed wire..


So far, however, my ol standby is the only one that I can get started. I'll bring some engine starter today to work on Uncle Tony.

Termites were flying yesterday. This is an annual event that usually heralds the first rain of the season. Although it threatened to rain all day, and today is dark as well, no rain has fallen. It is still dust season here in the Golden State.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home