Friday, September 15, 2006

Game postponed

Yep, I had some of THAT spinach in the refrigerator. It was unopened...

I went to get a new prosthesis er eyeglass prescription today. As I thought, my reading (I had bifocals) sight was way off from the glasses I had. I have had them order the lenses I want, the old big thick heavy plastic style that I can't (ha ha) break. In a week or so I'll go back and pick some out. I's what I wanted last time, but I wasn't with the program and I just got what they told me would be indestructable. It took me less than a month to prove them wrong.
I'm also going from bifocals to progressive lenses. It's the type the Dr wears, so I hope he knows.

My eye doctor is wacky, and an Angus (beef) breeder. He explained ( I asked) to me why Angus has become so popular. I had no idea. Research and marketing.

In the "things I'm rough on" department, Ted got me a new cell phone today. It is rubberized. My last one actually lasted quite a long time. The past few days when my old one was giving up have been surprisingly difficult. I rely on my cell a lot.

As I got to the end of the road this morning, I see a car driving past and in that split second I see a man who looks so much like our vet., but he has white hair and moustache. There was something about his profile that I immediately recognized, and sure enough I see him pull into the vet's ranch. Later when I stopped at the vet's I asked if C Z's dad was in town. No, it is actually his cousin. Human face recognition really amazes me.

Since we got that brief rain this morning, mowing was also postponed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home