Saturday, September 09, 2006

Bargain lovers saturday

Last year, during Bargain Lovers weekend we decided the only way to attack was to do it on bike.
So this year we were all set. Then I started thinking about how we were going to carry all of our booty, and I thought that I should try to fashion a little bike trailer.

So last night after chores I tore apart the baby jogger I had gotten from Mirandas thrift store a few months ago.
In less than an hour I had turned it into a bike trailer. Another hour on the sewing machine and it had a cargo area.

I think this is the complete list. It was sort of anticlamactic, as the first sale we went to is where I think I found the best buy:

Drum carder 18.00
Number metal die stamps 4.00
Books
Welding: Principles and practices
New York in pictures (1961)
The Painted Bird; Kosinski
Machine tools
Robots
Shop grinder stand 30.00
Cast iron dutch oven 7.00 ( got it to use for a crucible, but it's really almost too nice)
DeWalt 4" angle grinder 5.00 (needs a new cord)
Elvis: The Sun Collection 8.00 (mint condition)
2 20" Bike wheels .50
75 yards core wire candle wicking 1.00
Unused Rolodex 1.00

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home