Thursday, September 14, 2006

Raw materials

Today's schedule was all about resources and materials. Acquisitions and disbursement.

Fleeces were handed to Aunt Janet for her to process into roving. This was conveniently managed at Fernbridge as she was on her way from Whitethorn to Eureka. We'll see how this project goes. It's my first venture into value added commercial processing with wool.

I ran up to Eureka myself to pick up the steel for a stanchion that has been ordered.

I also picked up a roll of fence wire to finish my sheep fencing, then deposited it at the fenceline where it will be stretched in the next few days.

I milked A F's goats, got some hair dye, and worked some more on the feeder, which I want to finish before I start on the stanchion.

It also looks like I'll be mowing for R P tomorrow, the field by the fairgrounds which I mowed earlier this summer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home