Thursday, September 14, 2006

O K got that fixed.

I have had an appointment everyday this week, and I have only written down Friday's whicxh is my eye doctor. I have never been so happy to have a doctors appointment, as my glasses are way not working for me anymore.
I found a funky set of frames that I will see about having my prescription put into. My last frames, even though they were promised to be indestructable, took me only a few days to bend them to shit.

Today's appointment is to deliver my fleeces to the processor who is driving by today...will save me wuite a bit on shipping.
I also have my steel order to pick up in Eureka as I have a stanchion order. Yay!
And this evening is day 1 of milking AF's goats as she runs off to the last show of the season in Booneville.

Yesterday morning there was a car at Pats house when I got to the ranch. It was Aunt Tina, the other remaining family member involved in the ownership of my ranch.
She has come to settle her brothers estate; she came a few months ago but she broke her ankle and had to cut the tip short. She and her husband have returned from Boston where they live. Although she was raised here in Humboldt, I guess she's been gone for over 30 years; she's pretty east coast now, it seems to me.

I really had a great talk with them in the driveway; her husband was fascinated by the antics of the border collie Abby. She didn't mention the impending possible sale of my ranchette, but I imagine it's inevitable. It would be nice to get a roof on the Grade B barn, and the sooner the better.

It's quite breezy today, but the sun is thankfully out. There is a chance of rain in the forecast, and the NorthCountry Fair is this weekend, with a 100% history of no rain for that.
Oh dang, in searching for a site for the fair, I found the Samba dance page, where I could have signed up for classes and danced in the parade! Damn!

And being the copycats that they are, Fortuna is hosting a city wide yardsale this weekend...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home