Friday, October 13, 2006

October lambs!

I can't remember the last night where I slept all the way through, and as I lay in bed last night I hoped that I could do it. On waking up this morning I found that I had managed a full night's uninterrupted sleep.
Which contained a very long and very detailed dream involving, of course among other things, the fair and fair paperwork and Susan at the main desk, Josh and a plane flight, the goats, my neighbor.

Yesterday I felt so much better, but still not close to 100%. As I approached the ranch in the morning I started thinking about new lambs. I usually have new ( out of season) lambs in October, which certainly helps the pocketbook, but I had none at all last year.
Anyway, I'm driving and thinking about looking for new lambs when I see the field, with about 15 or 20 vultures...
But then I indeed see a ewe with a set of new lambs, one black one white, and they look fine. What were the buzzards after? A weak old ewe? I stop the car and walk out in the field to see; I can't see any body large enough to be a full grown ewe, maybe a 3rd lamb, or someone elses lamb...? As I get out there, I see that all the fuss was about the afterbirth! What a relief! And 2 new lambs; however the white one is extremely tiny.

In other ranch news, I finally got the big Ford truck started. That engine is so strong, once I got the battery charged ( ahem) oh yeah and some gas in it (urp) it turned right over. The engine is definitely not the problem with the big Ford truck.
I turned it around and parked it where I could wash it off and get it pretty so I can SELL it.
I checked on my tiny new lamb in the evening. It was a good day to be born, sunny and warm, and the lamb ran so fast I couldn't catch it, so it must be alright so far.

And my old foundation doe. Princess Leia, was finally in heat yesterday, and today I will A I her. Oh yeah, that was in the dream, too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home