Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Steel / Wool

I got back on track with the stanchion that has been ordered and got almost the entire deck done.
In the morning I replaced the wire on the welder and did a few test welds with the new larger wire. .005 makes a surprising difference.

I went to get hay in the morning and when I got to Nilsens out jumps Jet; I had no idea she had jumped in the truck. Then, after my hay was loaded, I realised that my wallet was at home, so back home and back to the feed store, sans Jet this time.

In the afternoon I finished spinning Lazy's fleece. Now what to do next?
I'll get back on knitting, and probably spin cotton until I decide what to do next.

I joined a YahooGroup that is all about the sock knitting machines, and I got an e mail from a guy in Eureka who has 2 of them. He invited me to come by to see them ( and his etchings??), which is excellent. He says there are 2 more people in the country that have them.

I had a committee meeting in the evening, which up until yesterday I had decided I was no longer going to be involved in. But, I got to thinking about what the problem was, and that if it is promotion, someone needs to step up and take care of getting the buyers to the sale. So I'll be that person; for one more year; sort of do it or shut up. First order of the day is an email to the U C Davis goat head who is involved in Dairy Goat days, as they have invited Deborah G to give a presentation. Deborah G! who was very involved in starting the project, but has not been involved at all for many years. That has to be dealt with now. She can have some credit for starting, but not much else.

Agter the meeting, which I quickly ducked out of, I went to the ranch to work more on the stanchion. I have the deck steel and frame done, the supports are cut and ready to weld. The legs come next, then I start on the headpiece which I should be able to so in a few hours.
And I need to look into a portable band saw for better cuts as the 49.99 chop saw is not giving me accurate cuts.

Oh yeah, and I missed a call from S Z, in which whose hands are held my ranch fate. I am sure it's time for me to go. But, I still haven't heard.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home