Tuesday, February 21, 2006

The Waiting Stall

While thinking nasty thoughts about someone I don't even really know, I bashed my knee on the corner of an open drawer in my bedroom. I hit it really hard, so hard that I yelped, yelped, and fell onto the bed whimpering. It still hurts.

I am waiting on Princess Leia to kid. She has been ready since last night, but she's just hanging around, eating hay and chewing her cud. She'll be 8 this year, this is at least her 8th set of kids, so having kids is no big deal to her. She last kidded last June.

I finally finished mowing the lawn today; that last bit has taken me 4 attempts. The grass had gotten so long, and my lawnmower has been tempermental, but today ecerything finally came together and I got the last bit done. Of course by this time the first part of the lawn needed to be mowed again, so I went ahead and did. Right for this minute the whole lawn is mowed. That will last about 1 to 2 weeks, at most.

This morning was the first morning in almost a week that there was no frost on the car. I'll still take these clear but cold days over the incessant rain.

My camera has resurfaced and I am going to try to upload at least 2 video clips to Vimeo a week.

I burned my thumb really bad on a piece of firewood 2 nights ago. I've got a nice blister going, I'm curious as to how the healing will progress. Will it die and fall off? Will it break open? Keep tuned.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

dont be bitter or angry. i thought you left all your anger in syracuse? your exhusband is so beyond this and you all turned out well -jen

5:56 PM  
Blogger sarah said...

I don't know who you are, and I've never been to Syracuse!

6:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home