Tuesday, April 11, 2006

I can't believe this rain. Now, we have real rain, not even occasional chowers. There seems to be no end at all. No sun in the forecast. No break in the weather.
We are now over 52" of rain since July 1.

I guess it's good I managed to get the lawn mowed, but it's so cool the grass won't be growing much.

The magic goat fairy came on Sunday night. I put 5 bucklings in the trailer at night and when I returned yesterday morning they were all gone! But no quarter was left under the trailer...
The fairy is sending payment in the mail.

I dragged my portable stanchion to the front barn yesterday during a long break in the rain and trimmed almost everyones feet. I got all the dry yearlings and the junior bucks that are going to the show in May. I still have the big guys to do, one of whom is limping badly.
I called KD and asked her if she would show my Alpine buck in the first class at the show, as I had a conflict and had to show my Lamanchas in another ring. That was fine with her and we chatted for a while.
I also talked to AF immediately afterwards and scheduled my next milk test for Saturday.
Then I went and got a service memo for the little doe that went to the 4Her.

Pretty uneventful day I guess.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home