Sunday, April 16, 2006

The only way I could get through this horrible winter we have been having was the knowledge that it would all end in a few months.
Well, here it is mid April and nothing has changed. Again have cold windy driving rain and hail, and the roads are once again flooded.
At this point I can thrill in a few moments of "not rain". When the water stops falling from the sky and I can walk around outside without getting drenched.
Yesterday morning was so ridiculous I gave up any thought that there could be a g-d. There was no point to what weather came our way. The rain and hail was such a deluge on the tin roof of my barn that I screamed at the top of my lungs and I couldn't hear myself.
I was planning to go to see AF at the shop and see about her fiberglassing project. But by the time I got my chores finally finished I was soaked through. No way I was going anywhere but home to dryness.

And now it's happening again.

In the afternoon when there was no other choice but to get out of the house and do something, T and I went and got some new clothes. I realised when I was dressing for the seder that I had little in the way of nice clean dress up wear. Lots of farm togs, but no nice pants, clean tidy blouses, etc.
The trip was successful and for a minimum of investment I got numerous new wardrobes and T got the new jacket he wanted.

Milk test AM and PM yesterday, only the AM was during a rain, the P M was actually sans falling water. My old brood doe isn't milking much so I fidure I'll dry her up and wait for babies next year. I might even try to find a good home for her.
To pay for my new Alpines I decided who I might sell. I am definitely milking a few too many does, and soon I can wean off some of these kids. Of course I could get some does from J to raise...

It's only a few months and summer will be over and the fall rains will start.
This might be the year without a summer. Just what I need.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home