Sunday, April 16, 2006

A piece of History

This week I'll be heading to Shining Moon Ranch in Boonville to pick up some Alpines.
The breeders are somewhat of a sort of celebrity, having written "Hard Times in Paradise" a book I read years ago, about homesteading and homeschooling in the 70's.
Their son was also on Johnny Carson after getting accepted to Harvard. I don't think I personally have ever met anyone else who was ever on the Tonight Show.

I have long admired their does, and their Alpines carry many of the same background pedigrees as other Northern California Alpine herds, including the Sempervirens herd I took over when I started my dairy.
They are certainly one of the top Alpine herds in the area.

So I'll go to Shining Moon ranch and meet the Author, and bring home a piece of Northern California goat heritage history/fame.

(When I told T that I was going to buy some of their does, he thought that was WAY cool.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home