Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Back to the lil trailer project..

I had put a tarp over my little trailer to keep some hay in it dry. Then I left it on for the bucklings to stay under it on Sunday night.
This morning I see the flaw; it is flat across the top, and a puddle forms and it just drips and the inside of the trailer was all wet.
I temporarily stuck a pole in it to tent it and get the rain to run off, but I need a better solution.
I really want to make it sort of a caravan looking, but I have no pipe bender, and no skill either as far as shaping pipe goes.

Well as luck would have it..
I went to the thrift store today and there was one of these bedframes, just perfect, and for less than all the steel was worth for scrap!

(someone with another good use for one)

I was hoping the width would be close so that I could fit it onto the trailer.
Even more luck was when I got it home, it fit EXACTLY! The exact same width as the trailer.
The bad news is that now I have to undo all the work I did to the trailer, but now it will be satisyingly finished. I might make a cover out of canvas for it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home