Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Too much. It's not raining.

Yesterday was just a wierd bad day all around.
It did start out not raining, which was a good thing. It didn't end that way, though. It was dark and cold and windy and raining and it could have been any day of the past 200, in December or February.

S, my landlord, had asked me to tell her if I saw Pat's family removing the wood cookstove from the house. There has already been the problem when someone dies, of who gets what, and darned if when I got to the ranch they had the woodstove loaded on a flatbed trailer.
Oh geez, well I called S, and she starts swearing and yelling and asks me to ask them to put it back. Me, the weenie I am and not really wanting to get involved, although I am already now, I say I'll give the phone to one of the daughters.
I give it to her and I can hear the yelling and I just walk out of the house. I don't really want to be a part of this, but I was asked to do this.
Well my battery dies and Pats daughter gives me the phone back, and she's very polite to me as I apologize for what I have done. She's fine, don't worry we'll get it sorted out, she says.
I plug my phone in and S calls and she says J is coming right in to deal with this.
J has a really really bad temper. Years and years ago when I cowboyed with them I recieved a short burst of his wrath.

A bit later, the daughter comes back to the barn while I am milking to say goodbye and give me the keys.
A few minutes after they left, J shows up ( he came in from Petrolia, about a 45 minute drive, on a good day) and I can tell he is steaming. I give him the keys, and he goes to see what they have taken from the house.
A bit later he comes back to report that, they had put the stove back in the house.

I told him that I wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of his temper, and that I had experienced that years ago, which of course he had no memory of.
He laughed and told me that he was much worse now, but I had nothing to worry about.

Things will change now for me and my little leased ranch over in the flood zone. Probably some for good and some for maybe not so good.
Maybe it will be time for me to end this project.
Maybe it will not.
In other goat news, a local very long time breeder called to offer me a buck kid. I'm probably going to take him.

In other news, one of the lovely little doe kids I got last week died last night.

In good news, I mosaiced the little table. My first attempt at a new art form, and so far it is looking O K. Tonight I will grout it and then I'll see what I have done.
I am not totally thrilled with the design, but it is reminiscent of the NYC Subway Mosaics.

I woke up at 4:30 this morning and couldn't get back to sleep.
I am more than usually distraught of the loss of that lovely little doe.
The new course of events at my ranch also concerns me.
And we are entering a huge house project that also worries me.
And some bills are due.
And I have too many goats.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home