Sunday, June 18, 2006

No summer for you!

Yesterday we travelled up to Arcata for the Oyster Festival. The crowd was larger than any I can remember; it was packed!
Oysters were eaten, people were watched.
We stopped at Harbor Freight and I bought the cheap chop saw. I'll see just how cheap it is and whether I need to get the better one at 4X this one's price. I also got some bar clamps at the Englund Marine Annual sale.

The sun was out yesterday but today it's back into the dreary fog. It saddens me to see photos of people swimming and playing in the sun. Out there in the world it's summer! It's hot and fireflies are around and they're wearing flip flops and playing in the water. Summer isn't here yet, and most likely if I want summer I'll have to visit it.

My last 3 yearlings are due to kid this week. Then, I'm done, but breeding season is just around the corner. Actually, right now I'd like to try to get my "meat" goats bred. I see some of my ewes are getting bred, which is good. I'll try to pull the rams out in July so I don't have too many lambs born in the flood likely month of December.

I had dreams about my old milk barn. After milking in someone elses barn, I so appreciate what a great barn I had. Milking shouldn't be a struggle; you have to do it every day twice a day, so it should be as easy as possible for the milker and the goats.
Indexing.

I still have the tiny spare tire on my truck as the local station was closed yesterday. So I can't go very far until tomorrow. I had all sorts of shopping plans for today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home