Monday, June 19, 2006

Sunny, you smiled at me and really eased the pain

Yay the sun is out today! That doesn't mean it is going to be warm, but at least it's bright and clear and sunny! I'll take it!

Yesterday, despite watching 3 movies and taking a nap, I still got a lot done.
I bought a can of paint at the thrift store and I've been slathering it all over things at the barn. On Saturday, I painted the top half of the back door/ wall of my milk room trying to brighten things up in there. I noticed when I take pictures of my milk room it looks so dark and dismal, and just painting this little bit helped a lot.
It then made it painfully obvious how dirty my stanchion was, so I washed it off and got 2 coats of paint there too. Unfortunately it's not a good gloss so it's hard to wash off after milking. Now I need to put a good deck coat down that washes well. BUt it's really brighter in there now. It is inspiring to get that all organized and working. Plumbing and walls and storage are next.

I akso worked on the stanchion for Mr F. I welded the frame for the deck, cut the expanded steel and welded it inside the frame. All this is stuff I've never done before, so it all takes longer this first time. The next one I make will go much faster. I'm ready now to build the legs and I'm almost done.

I'm buying 2 dry yearlings from the neighbors; they are out of a buck I no longer have so I thought I'd take them and breed them then sell them or not. The price is right and I know the bloodlines. I'm spending all of my tractor driving money on them, but I will make it back if they don't die.

This weather is making for a lot of sick goats. I have been doctoring quite a few of mine and J's. I found my red meat buck looking poorly yesterday, and last night my nice Alpine yearling was not eating. Bottle babies and weaned kids too have snotty noses and coughs. Maybe some sun will perk them up. Oh, and antibiotics.

I hope to do my Fortuna shopping today. I need a blade for my new chop saw, my tire needs to be fixed ( I'm still driving on the tiny tire) gas, banking, coffee, etc.
And tonight, the dreaded committee meeting. I ditched the last one so I guess I have to make this one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home