Saturday, July 22, 2006

Auto Expo

I came home from chores to find Ted cleaning out the garage. That was the best surprise; it's a space that I would love to have as living space as our house is very small and the winters are long.

We took a load of "non essentials" to the dump then we spent the afternoon visiting with the Auto Expo.

I managed to track down that sweet little car and I talked to the guy about it. It is indeed made from the "Jimmy Woods" plans. I got a better look at how it was made. Now to find a go kart engine...



I took pictures of some other favorites; a Model T Pick up, the bitchin '68 Camaro, Josh's pic- the Ford Galaxy, and some others, all of them are on my Flickr site.

There was not only a lovely line up of probably 50 or more Old Tractors, but also a great show of Hit and Miss engines that were all chugging away!. We spent a lot of time checking out these engines and talking to the guys who restore and build them. One guy had a display of 1/8 scale engines that were so damn adorable I could barely keep my hands off 'em. The hardware and fittings were fantastic. I took a video of a few of them ( on vimeo). Some of the really big ones just made me love them. We got a good lesson on exactly how they trigger the firing, which we were both a little foggy on.

The weather was really great, just on this side of almost too hot. It was really a lovely day.
Oh and somehow I managed to get a hay delivery! In my dealing, somehow I got the guy to pick up, deliver, and unload my hay! I would have helped, but he was over an hour late and I had left the ranch. He even apologized. Just like Tom Sawyer got the fence painted...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home