Tuesday, August 29, 2006

2 fer tues

Alright I pretty much didn't do anything worth commenting on yesterday. I was totally slothy, playing video games, watching Dr Phil and napping.
I still managed all of my animal chores, and I even got 1/2 of the kid pen cleaned out and new shavings put down.

Whoopie.

And the first fleece is almost done washing, as I commandeered the bathtub.
With all of this fleece to wash, I am considering setting up some washing system at the ranch so my family can still take baths in the next 2 weeks.

I am reading "And So It Goes" Linda Ellerby's memoirs; light pleasant reading.

I think today I'll manage to take a load to the dump and do a quick run into the Ironworkds for the steel for the feeder ( what? I am not done with that yet?"
And I desperately need to fix up a pen for some does to get bred. Yeah, I must do that today. Do you hear?

I was up during the night, no doubt due to my inactive day, and I finally got back to bed around 5:30.

I am organizing my A I (artificial insemination) kit which means getting a new light. My light is not dependable and the semen is too valuable to worry about that. I have been known to use a flashlight when the light was being stubborn..
I plan on doing a lot of AI as soon as these does get with the program. Does bred now will kid in early February, which is really desirable.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home