Sunday, October 22, 2006

Sunny sunday...again

I have been having such poor conception rates so far with my A I (1 out of 4 so far) that I am reviewing my procedure. I do see that maybe I didn't get a good timing on my 2 does ( too early in their heat) but I still should be doing better.
I checked my thermometer (it's fine) and I think I'll try thawing the semen at slightly higher temp (98 instead of 96).
I pulled out the microscope and checked last nights semen, and it was totally fine; full of active squiggly dudes.
The doe was in perfect heat, having just gone out of standing heat; I watched her walk towards the buck, somewhat interested, then walk away.
It's so damn frustrating.

My metal project is going much better. The headpiece is basically done, but it's a good thing I checked the e mails from the original order. I had forgotten that she wanted me to add A I rails! So now I have to figure out how to add them, but still be able to break it down for shipping.

Having more than one project going helps when I get stuck. After working on the stanchion, I took a break and started building the legs for my work table. It's hard to work on the ground, my back can only take so much of that. I have some heavy 1/4" 4" angle iron that I wanted to cut down for the legs, but could I cut something that huge?
Yes!
So now I have the legs, and I think I'll put wheels on the bottom so the table is easily moved.

Yet another sunny clear day. It looks like it's going to be Novemeber and still no rain. I think I need to start feeding the sheep, something I have only done in flooding. I have a new set of lambs and another ewe that is very close. They need more food than they can probably find.
I think I'll separate the fresh ewes and feed them.

I finished "Drawn To The Rhythm"
yesterday; that was a pretty good book. I understand the esoteric passions, and the desire to compete. I am not sure with the cold water we have that I'll ever get to rowing like that here, but it did get back on the rowing machine.
Plus the fact that the sculls are so small that I might just be too big for this type of sport. Sara Hall is under 130 lbs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home