Thursday, November 16, 2006

day after

I have been having really vivid dremas right before I wake up in the morning.
This morning I was at some sort of college or camp on the last day when everyone was clearing out. Then, when I was alone, a man shows up pretending to have a flat tire. I don't let him in, and we stalk each other around the house with guns. I have the little .410 I got from my mother, who in turn got it from Uncle Dick, the father of a family friend and ex business partner of my father .
The story about the .410 is true, and I think the dream means I need to get the gun out and clean and oil it

The other morning I was a penguin in the colony of singing and dnacing penguins. When I told Ted about the dream he said "too bad you weren't the leopard seal.."

A few days ago I dreamed about being at a camp that was on a dog sled trip. We would ride the sleds each day from cabin to cabin, and camp each night, a whole bunch of us.
Certainly inspired by the pictures on Snow Girls Flickr page


So yesterday I went up to Eureka for the producers meeting. Ilet my freak flag fly. My hair was just hanging out there in public for the first time. Most people didn't say anything, which I thought was strange, although I could see them looking when I was talking to them.
Sanford Lowry was there and strangely so glad to see me. He shoved his way past people to come and give me a hug.
I met a local goat person I hadn't met before, but had certainly heard about for years, and have talked to on the phone at least once.
It was a pretty informative meeting for me, mostly the renewed local feed nutritionist. After serving the local goat dairys horribly in the 90's. he had been gone for many years. While out there in the central valley his eyes were opened to the reality that is the goat milk industry, and he has been reborn ( well we'll se about that). I must say, I was pleased and surprised when he actually acknowledged his poor performence of the past, and even apologized.
He knows better, he is definitely humbled, and he seems to want to help us now, instead of brushing us off.

Today I'm going up to J's dairy to help with trimming hooves.It's been a while since I've been up there. I kind of enjoy this chore; I know I would have loved to have someone come and help me whan I had my dairy, and it's pleasant enough work.

I'm also gathering up the sheep and shipping some lambs. I didn't think I had any lambs of good size, but money does grow on (grass)trees, so the lambs that were too small a few months ago are just right now. And Thanksgiving demand is here..
I'll also bring my big wether and see if they won't buy him too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home