Friday, November 10, 2006

Happy, ths spinner.

The new family who was interested in goats called back in the afternoon. They had been reading up on showing goats ( where did they get a book in one day?) and are all excited. Of course the doeling I thought about as the first pick has a nice snotty nose today, so I told them to come out on Saturday.
It's so great to have new people. We always need fresh blood, like the Shakers.

Then I went to Fernbridge to meet the wool processer to pick up my wool. This whole project was a little experiment; I didn't know if it was worth it ( I can pick and card the wool myself) or how the wool would come out.
As soon as she opened the hatch of the van I was thrilled. The wool is SO beautiful. light and well carded and clean and lovely. By picking it up it didn't get compacted from shipping, so it's just like thick ropes of cloud.

The first processed wool

Then the even better part.
I had budgeted quite a lot for the bill. Roughly estimating weight and what her prices were, how happy was I that the bill was less than half of my lowest estimate?
That was SO totally worth it. I'll be sending her some more wool soon.

Thanks to Aunt Janet's Fiber Mill in Whitethorn, California!

I jumped right in and had to try some out, and what a dream it is to spin. I don't think I ever want to use my drumcarder again.
I got 2 bobbins full last night, and by Conan I had knitted 4" of the sleeve of my next project.

And in other very good sheepy news, I had another new lamb yesterday. Of course, a ewe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home