Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Sun?

I was up at 4:30 this morning. And I know I was awake for a long time before I got up.

While I was up ( until about 5:45)the coyotes went berserk yelping and howling for about 5 minutes, and we had a tiny earthquake.

The sun is out this morning and that is good news for the fleece I am trying to get dry. I am sending more down to Whitethorn to get carded.
I am more than halfway through the first bag of roving (I figure each bag is about 4 lbs) and 2 sleeves of the next sweater are done. I spun a bobbin full in about 2 hours yesterday; I need to figure out how long it really takes, and weigh each skein, in order to price the skeins.
Now I need a label and a logo.

I also need to make a flyer for my stanchions. While at R&S the other day, lookoing at all of his panels and gates and such, the light went off that I can sell these things at the feed stores. Doy!. Randy said he doesn't have room for one ( well, I might argue) but I could put up a flyer.
I will order more steel and get started on the next one.

With the rain we've been having, I thought I should move my smallest kids back into the barn for the winter, and when I got to the ranch yesterday morning, the 5 I had in mind were all out( the wind had blown open their gates). So it worked out perfectly and they followed me down to the barn.
I have so many empty pens right now it's kind of strange.

I sold Josh'd LEGO collection on eBay yesterday, so I need to pack that up and send it off. In the balance that is money, I had just ordered more plastic collar chain which pretty much came to the exact same amount.

I went to working on my welding table yesterday and the first thing I did was to cut the only good piece of angle iron too short. I am easily discouraged and I couldn't go on.
I need more scrap angle iron.

I also should haul some lambs to the butcher, but they will be all wet today, and I'm going up to Eureka tomorrow, but I have a meeting, so I shouldn't be all lamb yucky.
I need to do a Fortuna run, so I think I'll do that today instead
bank
gas
hardware store (paint)
maybe I'll treat myself and get a set of clamps.
hay

It's so slow in the ranching department. Most of the does are bred, no new lambs for a few days, probably for a while, no babies to feed. It's pretty low maintenance right now. Babies coming the end of January, though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home