Monday, May 22, 2006

Lindsay's arrives.Get one.

When I was in High School, it was the era of the Last Whole Earth Catalog; Access to Tools.
It changed my life. It showed me about things that were nowhere to be found in rural western New Jersey.
I remember trying to describe it to my mother
"So, it's a catalog of catalogs..?" She made it sound ridiculous; I knew better.

I still have my copies, and I pick up copies when I come across them. I remember when a new one came out, I was actually living in Woodstock, New York, and I spent my grocery money to buy a new copy.

The latest version didn't appeal to me as much, as the computer information and communications was a larger part, and not much I was interested in at the time.

I often still drag them out and sit on the living room floor poring through them, still drooling over stuff. The Journey Wheel, Nomadics, handy gadget tools and tiny trailers.

Yesterday I received a new catalog, "Lindsays Technical Books" and it is like a new WEC. But almost even better.
None of the groovy feel good stuff I never liked anyway, and real hardcore tools and information.
Inspiring and educational.

Get one.

1 Comments:

Blogger sarah said...

Oh Yes! DR's trip! One Christmas vacation when I was alone in Ashland and everyone had gone home, I spent my days at the Ashland library reading Divine Right's trip a day at a time.


And the flip book on the pages.

This must be something we must have in common at the basest level.

4:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home