Friday, June 30, 2006

Chapter 3

I hadn't talked to S (my landlord) for a few weeks and I had called and left a message just to check in.
She called me back last night and I sat in the yard at the ranch on the cell and chatted.
The first thing she said was "I am sure you've heard rumors".
Hmm, no I really hadn't.

So she goes on to tell me that probably next summer they are going to sell the ranch.

This wasn't a complete surprise, as the one time I met J's brother, he sort of mentioned something like this.

So this might be the end of this whole project.

Iknow for sure I will keep all of my metalworking tools and figure out a place to have a shop. Beyond that, I don't know.
I am glad I didn't put much work into a new roof on the barn. And the new rolls of fencing I ordered will either not get bought, or go into fencing here at the Home Place.

It's a very very odd feeling.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home