Monday, July 03, 2006

Monday

I sure have been kinda low key lately. Maybe because my future is so up in the air.
I wonder what will happen.
The bucks are getting smelly with breeding season approaching. I bred one of J's yearling's last night; the first of the season. Only 3 days after my last doe kidded.

I did some ranch tidying, weed whacking, moving stuff around. I finally "fix a flat" ted the tire on the little flat bed, moved it and the steel on it to the barn and started dealing with it all. One of those sheets of steel I will need a tractor to lift. What was I thinking?

The best ( in shape. good roof, high out of flooding) building on my ranch is the old tank room. I am thinking I'll start there, and build a little deck out in front of it so I can actually get in and out of it easily. At one time (years ago) I cleaned it all out, painted and furnished, thinking it would be a good office.
Now I immediately need a place for my fleeces, and maybe I'll make it the metal shop.
Whatever.
But I think I have most of the materials (sans screws/ nails) to make a nice deck with steps in front. In back is where the cows came into the dairy barn, so it's all cement. And sunny ( south facing)

Swimming was so great. It's dark and damp again here today. I know it's sunny and hot less than 1/2 hour from here. My slight sunburn is turning into a lovely shade of brown on my shoulders. I'm ready for another swim.

To do
1. Finish stanchion
a. Support bar
b. feed pan bar
c. paint
2. Start cleaning out barn
a. Move kids
3. Finish feeder
4. Buy machete
a. machete hemlocks
5. Gather materials for deck
a. Pier blocks
b clear area

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home